Friday, May 11, 2012

Nesting.


The Clemson Clay Nest was a public land art installation by Bavarian artist Nils-Udo that was constructed in the botanical gardens at Clemson University in South Carolina in 2005. The nest was built with the assistance of numerous students and other volunteers using 80 tons of pine logs harvested from the local Oconee County pine plantation and hundreds of bamboo stocks. You can see many more of the work in these photos by Dylan Wolfe.


This is a momentous weekend for me as I move out of the only home I've known in the city and begin to build a nest. I've cherished every moment in Russian Hill with the ladies I've shared my home and life with for the last six years, and hold these memories and friendships very close to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment